This week I have spent ALL of my time
1) Walking Benji Dog
2) Tyring hard to look after Hubs whose recuperating from a Knee Replacement op.
3) Walking Benji
4) Taking Benji to the vets as he’s had a stomach upset ( don’t go there!)
5) Sorting Hubs medical insurance and drugs out.
6) Sorting Benjis medical insurance and drugs out
7) Trying not to give Hubs Benji’s medication or use Hubs medical insurance for dog!
8) Walking Benji
9) Baking cake for “unexpected visitors” who came! -and ate cake.
10) Baking for, and helping at, yesterday’s community cafe
11) Walking dog
12) Cleaning kitchen floor after walking dog
13) Visiting my Mum and not realising that her care home is in quarantine due to a flu outbreak.
14) Finishing reading my current book mentioned in last blog post.
15) A small amount of time sewing and even less time knitting
16) Walking dog. In fact I think that Hubs has had a new knee as a ploy to make me walk more!
phew!! Sunday evening! No wine and no pub due to Hubs still being on medication. Benji dog has finished his. See what next week brings and I will count how many times I walk Benji dog.
Well! What a week! Hubs has been in hospital to have a new knee. I’ve been in sole charge of house and dog. I have also shopped, washed, chauffeured, and most importantly walked Benji dog. I have been chief walker for about six or eight weeks, since Hubs knee became much worse. The problem is Hubs has set the bar high with respect to length and frequency of dog walks. Not one to disappoint Benji, I have increased my own walking tremendously. Now I would like to say that I am now much fitter and thinner…..
Hubs was discharged on day three following his minimally invasive, computer positioned new knee. Clever stuff! Now I am nurse, carer and cleaner as well as head dog walker. My chill out time has consisted mainly of reading. I love to read but have limited time to devote to this treat. I do find that blogging and reading blogs is a wonderfully enjoyable but steals time from other leisure pursuits. On saying that I’m not about to give up my Blogging hobby!
One of the books I have nearly finished is a trilogy called “An Elm Creek Quilts Sampler”. This book is an easy read- a bit of a no brainer. It is a book to read in bed but I have enjoyed the stories. It has also refreshed my memory of quilting terms and techniques. Maybe I will get out one of my unfinished quilts and attempt to finish it.
The second is a book called “Pearl Lowe’s Vintage Craft”. This book I got out of the library and liked it so much that I went out and bought it. So much for my library economy! Still it is a great book.
I nearly forgot! I am also top fire lighter. Now this is a real problem as I am a rubbish fire lighter. Don’t tell Hubs but whilst he was in Hospital I struggled so much to get a decent fire going that I went to bed and read under my electric blanket to keep warm.